About this job
RINA Group is seeking a Marine Surveyor for its subsidiary RINA Services S.p.A which provides ship classification activities, certification, testing and inspection (TIC Services). RINA Services operates independently and makes its experience and competency available through a wide range of services aimed at helping industry and the community to improve their activities and quality of life.
Marine Surveyor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Classification surveys of newbuildings and ships in service.
- Surveying various types of maritime equipment, machinery and cargo-handling equipment.
- Surveys and certification on behalf of public and governmental authorities.
- Accurate and concise reports.
- Dealing with Clients’ queries on a daily basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
Background and Qualification:
- Formal qualification in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships.
- Physically able to work in confined spaces, hazardous atmospheres, extreme temperatures and weather conditions, etc. and therefore not suffering from allergies, vertigo, claustrophobia, etc.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstration of high level of effectiveness and commitment.
- 3/5 years professional experience, either as class surveyor or as owner superintendent or as shipyard quality control inspector or as a Chief Engineer (on board merchant ships) are requested.
- Previous experience as a surveyor of Classification Societies would be an advantage.