Group Technical Services Manager – Marine
- Implement and drive global technical and engineering standards
- Strong policy and procedure focus
- Based in Dubai, with overseas travel
Reporting to the Director Group Operations this position oversees regional technical teams and is responsible for ensuring standards, financial performance, and technical leadership across the Group.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Development and implementation of Group-wide technical policies and marine engineering standards;
- Drive superior levels of vessel performance across the business;
- Establish minimum technical operating standards and provide direction, advice and support to regional technical managers in the promotion of best practice;
- Improve onboard technical and engineering management and standardise processes across the Group;
- Ensure maintenance and repair policies and procedures facilitate the delivery of first class operational performance and vessel availability, as well as asset value maintenance;
- Establish technical KPI’s and ensure technical performance of Business Units is monitored and audited;
- Develop a technical inspection and audit program to ensure proper governance is exercised by regional teams in safe and reliable ship operations;
- Advise the Executive Management Committee on all matters relating to the technical operation and maintenance of P&O Maritime’s worldwide fleet of vessels;
- Provide management and leadership to all members of regional technical management teams and undertake mentoring and training as required in support of P&O’s technical standards and objectives.
For a copy of the Position Description or further information about the business, please visit the website: http://www.pomaritime.com
Desired Skills and Experience
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in shore based ship management including technical experience at a senior level. Group level experience will be highly regarded;
- Demonstrated understanding of shipboard operations with seagoing experience in a senior maritime position;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of marine engineering and maintenance standards and technical legislation as applicable to a wide range of vessel types and nationalities;
- Substantial experience with shipboard safety management systems including understanding of ISM, ISO and ISPS codes as well as Class and IMO requirements;
- Experience in developing and implementing plans, policies and procedures in support of organisational strategic objectives and in promoting global maritime excellence;
- Demonstrate a positive and solution focused attitude with a clear, goals-based approach to problem solving;
- Ability to influence and lead teams operating in remote locations;
- Ability to represent the Company and build productive relationships with regional management teams;
- Experience implementing and/or managing process change across an organisation;
- Minimum Chief Engineer Class 1 Motor or Naval Architecture qualification and experience;
- A degree qualification in marine/mechanical engineering would be an advantage.
Applicants are asked to address the above selection criteria in a covering letter and submit this along with your CV.