Sea Freight Co-ordinator | Al Futtaim Logistics | Dubai
:: About the Business:
Al-Futtaim Logistics is a leading Supply Chain Management company in Dubai, UAE, with our major shareholder being one of the largest business houses in the lower Gulf region. Al-Futtaim logistics, started as a small warehouse for Al-Futtaim products about 25 years ago, and has developed over the years into one of the largest logistics service providers in the UAE. We have nearly 500 people on our diverse team from 20 different countries.
We offer superior pan-Arab supply chain management solutions including warehousing and distribution, freight forwarding as well as IT solutions and Supply Chain Design and Consulting. The company has an international network of offices and agents for overseas freight and warehousing and distribution centres in all major UAE cities and ports.
:: About the Job:
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sea Freight Coordinator to work from our Jebel Ali based operations. You will be responsible for efficiently managing and leading the freight department operations activities and team members to ensure ongoing profitability.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Intimate understanding of the Freight P&L and budget
- Management and review all freight department process and procedures
- Establishment of internal and external SOP’S / SLA’S
- Negotiation with internal and external vendors on rates and service levels
- Management of the operational processes with EDI operating platform.
- Develop and maintain high levels of staff morale and ensure staff are adequately trained on EDI operating platform
- Creation and maintenance of operational KPI’S
- Analysis of weekly and monthly P&L reports supplied by finance
- Direct management responsibility for over 30 subordinates
:: About You:
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- A graduate degree preferably in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Minimum 8 – 10 years international freight exposure
- Minimum of 5 years within the local market at management level
- Full comprehension of international sea freight and airfreight transportation procedures
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage operations teams
- Intimate understanding of all UAE import and export protocols
- High level customer service ability
|Country:||United Arab Emirates|