AF10924 – Logistics Manager | Select Auto | Dubai
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world’s top automobiles and automotive products like Hino – Japan’s leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car – the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
Select Auto is a part of Al Futtaim Automotive Group. This company will cater to the regional requirements of Nato Forces and their Prime Contractors for supply of heavy equipment ,vehicles and their maintenance services. Select will be the single point of contact for customers of this profile and will operate as an internal customer for the other automotive group companies
:: About the job:
Al Futtaim is looking for a Logistics Manager for its Select Auto business to be based in Dubai.
The candidate will manage the logistic and transportation function that support Select Auto’s current operations and to support the Senior Logistic Manager develop future strategy for new markets.
To act as the initial point of contact and develop the relationship with Al Futtaim Logistics (AFL), Select Auto’s designated logistic facilitator.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Through the SLA with AFL ensure the efficient and timely dispatch of all Select Auto consignments in accordance with current legislation.
- Ensure appropriate governance of the financial structures relating to all internal and external invoiced goods and services.
- In conjunction with the appointed account manager develop the SLA to encompass new business requirements, and attend performance meetings with AFL to assess output against KPIs.
- Periodically benchmark the cost of the current SLA with other providers of logistic services.
- In conjunction with AFL conduct detailed load planning for major strategic out loads of Select Auto inventory.
- Act as the technical SME on all logistic and transportation issues by air and surface, including but not limited to the transportation of dangerous goods, and as required support bid teams with SME advice.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive logistic SOPs.
:: About you:
Suitable candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSc engineering, transport or logistics)
- A minimum of 10 years experience with exposure to logistics business & heavy transport operations across the Middle east region with special focus on air cargo business
- Proven management skills, specifically in development of logistics and inventory control policies and procedures
- Capability to implement innovative and cost-effective measures related to inventory management, warehouse operations, materials distribution and fixed asset control
- Experience of working in dynamic task oriented environments that require quick response
- Thorough knowledge of relevant local import, export, clearance would be added advantage
:: Company Profile:
|Country:||United Arab Emirates|
:: Apply Online